It has been agreed that outreach Post Offices can now return to village halls so Belstone Post Office will be open from Tuesday 16th June at the usual time of 9.30am until 11.30am. To comply with Covid-19 guidelines the arrangements for the Post Office are: –
- Risk assessments have been carried out by Alex and the Hall Committee.
- To enable thorough sanitising to be carried out, before and after the session, only the foyer will be in use for customers and toilets will not be in use.
- Only one customer will be allowed in at a time and there will be a screen between the postmaster and customer.
- 2m distance must be kept between customers in the queue.
- The Hall Manager will be there on the day to monitor the system and answer any questions.
The next step in the process, should happen from 4th July when, depending on Government guidelines at the time, halls are allowed to open for other than Pre-Schools and PO. It will be with restricted group sizes and spaces and only if the Committee is satisfied with the safety aspect. There will be more information on that as things develop. So – watch this space . . .