Accessibility statement for the Belstone Parish Council pages of the Belstone website
This accessibility statement applies to the page at https://belstonevillage.net/parish-council/, its sub-pages and any other content on the site at https://belstonevillage.net/ that relates directly to the provision of the Belstone Parish Council’s services.
These pages and content are provided by Belstone Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means that the site should remain clear, usable and easy to navigate when you:
- change colours, contrast levels and font sizes or zoom in to increase the size of content, using settings and tools on your computer, in your web browser or on your mobile device
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- listen to the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as clear and direct as possible.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- there are a limited number of PDF documents (mostly created from scanned paper documents) that are not fully accessible to screen reader software and may be hard to read if zoomed in on or resized for small screens
Feedback and contact information
If you need any of the Parish Council information on this website in a different format, such as accessible PDF or an audio recording email: email@example.com
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Find out how to contact us at: https://belstonevillage.net/parish-council-new/#contact-and-meetings
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Belstone Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Some of the documents in the Accounts records section are PDFs, some of which have been produced by scanning paper documents. These are not fully accessible to screen reader software and may be hard to read if zoomed in on or resized for small screens.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing this issue with navigation and accessing information. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment at the end of the 2021/22 Financial Year.
It is our aim to ensure that any new documents of this nature are added in an accessible HTML format and that, if appropriate, the text content of any PDF document created by scanning a paper document is also included in accessible HTML format.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 7th January 2021. It was last reviewed on 7th January 2021.
The Parish Council pages of this website were last tested and audited for accessibility on 7th January 2021. The audit against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 was carried out by Simon Hill at moorSITES (https://moorsites.com) with the assistance of the following tools:
- Google Lighthouse (https://web.dev/lighthouse-accessibility/)
- WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (https://wave.webaim.org/)
- Windows 10 Narrator (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/complete-guide-to-narrator-e4397a0d-ef4f-b386-d8ae-c172f109bdb1)
- ChromeVox Google Chrome Screen Reader Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screen-reader/kgejglhpjiefppelpmljglcjbhoiplfn)