Agenda for a meeting of Belstone Parish Council to be held on 27th September 2022 in the Meeting Room at Belstone Village Hall at 7.30 pm
Council Agenda Published 20th September 2022
This meeting was postponed from 13th September due to the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
2022/23-82 Disclosures of Interests
To receive disclosures of personal and prejudicial interest from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting
2022/23-83 Apologies for Absence
To record any apologies for absence and reasons. For resolution.
2022/23-84 Public Participation
This item is limited to 15 minutes and will be conducted in accordance with the Standing Orders of the Council, which are available to read on the website.
To resolve that the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 12th July 2022, previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
2022/23-86 Borough & County Councillor Statements
To receive any reports from Cllr Lynn Daniel or Cllr James McInnes.
2022/23-87 Chairman’s Announcements
To receive any announcements from the Chairman or Vice-Chair.
2022/23-88 Rew Meadow Cricket Club
Representation by Peter Hammond to update on Cricket Club fundraising and to request grant.
A. Change of Bank Accounts (Resolution 2021/22-45B)
To receive Cllr Pike’s report on progress with opening the new bank account.
B. Recent Transactions
- Interest July 13p
- Paid – SLCC Membership £56
C. Payments to be Authorised
- Donation to Okehampton District Community Transport Group?
- Donation to Cricket Club?
- Clerk’s Salary Gross £488.45
2022/23-90 Mid-Year Budget
To review the finances in relation to the budget for 2022-23.
2022/23-91 Clerk’s Report
To note the Clerk’s Report, previously circulated.
2022/23-92 Electronic Communications
To receive Cllr Hill’s report on progress
- Telephone box – To note the completion of repairs.
- Notice on Pound – To receive Cllr Cooper’s report on progress.
- Gate on Pound – To receive Cllr Cooper and Cllr Ash’s report on progress.
2022/23-94 Road Problems
To receive a report from the Clerk on the issues raised at the previous meeting.
A. To agree the Council’s response to the following applications
- 0304/22 Burl – Part demolition and replacement of roof to create accommodation; erection of side and rear extensions
- 0320/22 The Retreat – Demolition and replacement of existing front porch
- 0372/22 Land South of Moorland House, 8 metre wooden telegraph pole
B. Outcomes of Planning Applications
To note the outcome of the planning applications previously commented on:
- 0218/22 Church Park – Replacement of blocked septic tank (No Objection) Grant Conditionally
- 0220/22 The Retreat – Erection of timber carport and log store (No Objection) Grant Conditionally
- 0260/22 Steeperton – Creation of two bay windows (No Objection) Grant Conditionally
- 0288/22 Equestrian field shelter at Tors Park, Belstone – (No Objection recorded after discussion between councillors) Rejected
- 0299/22 Burl – Erection of single storey rear extension and conversion of existing roof space (No comment made) Rejected
C. Potential Breach of Planning Regulations
- To note response of Dartmoor National Park Authority to report of Storage Shed breach.
- To note Belstone Commoners’ Association site visit re Resugga water diversion.
- To discuss Cricket Club entrance.
- To discuss Tor Down House Barn.
2022/23-96 Great Green Parking
To review the success of the noticeboard on the Great Green.
2022/23-97 Muddy Lane Sign
To discuss the request for a sign near Mowhay, Skaigh Lane.
2022/23-98 Eastern Parish Links Meeting
To appoint a representative to attend the virtual Eastern Links meeting on Tuesday 4th October 6.30-7.30pm.
2022/23-99 Devon Association of Local Councils (DALC) Conference
To appoint a representative to attend the DALC Conference at Exeter Racecourse on Wednesday 5th October 10am-4pm, and confirm voting.
2022/23-100 Clerk’s Appraisal
To discuss the report due to be circulated by Cllr Weaver regarding the Clerk’s appraisal, and resolve any subsequent actions.
2022/23-101 Clerk’s Emails
To resolve a plan to rationalise the Clerk’s email load.
2022/23-102 Topical Topics
Proposal to put a notice on the noticeboard and website after each meeting, with details of items which have been forwarded to the Council and could be of interest to residents e.g. this month – free pop-up choir, free holidays for the disabled from Dream-a-way charity, Let’s Talk Teenagers, free Digital Skills Sessions, a website to add comments on West Devon plans, Avian Flu.
2022/23-103 Items for Next Agenda
To receive any items to be added to the next agenda.
Already Planned – Highways meeting – Josh Scillitoe attending, review of GDPR Policies.
The date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 18th October 2022.