Parish Council Minutes – March 2019
BELSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting held on 5th March 2019
at 7.30pm in the Village Hall Meeting Room
Present: Michael Ash (Chairman), Ann Norman (Vice Chairman), Paul Boyce, Peter Cooper, Susan Norrish, Jon Pike and Kate Little (Parish Clerk).
In attendance: Chris Townsend
83. Apologies for absence: None
84. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of 15th January 2019: Signed as a correct record of the meeting.
85. Matters Arising:
- DCC Highways will not be doing any more repair work around the car park/village hall area for the time being.
- Peter Cooper has one quote secured for the car park kerbing. Clerk to provide contact for a second quote. Three quotes will be needed.
86. Minutes of the Planning Meeting of 20th February 2019: Signed as a correct record of the meeting.
87. Matters Arising: None
88. Declarations of Interest: None
89. Urgent Items Raised by the Chairman: There were none.
- Letter from the Dark Skies bid for Dartmoor Group in North Bovey: It was agreed to send a support email as requested.
91. Clerk’s Report:
- Election paperwork: Nomination papers were given out for the election on 2nd May.
- Westlake Seat: David Westlake now has the dimensions of the seat and will be ordering a replacement seat shortly for delivery to Peter Cooper.
- Annual Budget for 2019/20 – circulated as agreed at the last meeting when the Precept and annual budget was set.
- Council Diary: The risk assessment of assets and Members Interests will be left for the new Council in May. The new online VAT registration is proving complex, but the Parish Council is now registered although the claim has not yet been submitted as verification is awaited. All other listed tasks completed and signed off.
93. Other Matters at the Discretion of the Chairman:
- Arrangements for the Annual Parish Meeting on 9th April 2019
- Rew Meadow: It was noted that the property is up for sale. Despite ongoing concern about unauthorised works at the property the Parish Council accepted that it could do no more.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.55 pm
The next meeting will be the Annual Parish meeting on 9th April 2019 at 7.30pm