Parish Council Meeting – February 2022

Belstone Parish Council Logo

BELSTONE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes for the meeting of Belstone Parish Council held on 22nd February 2022 in the Meeting Room, Belstone Village Hall at 7.30 pm


Minutes were taken by Theresa Weaver as the Clerk was not present.

Councillors Present:

Michael Ash (Joint Chairman), Ann Norman (Joint Chairman), Paul Boyce, Peter Cooper, Susan Norrish, Jon Pike, Theresa Weaver.

2021/22-127 Disclosures of Interests

There were none.

2021/22-128 Minutes

The minutes of the meetings of the Council held on 11th January 2022 and 15th February 2022 were signed as a correct record.

2021/22-129 Apologies for Absence

Sally Fullwood
Cllr Lynn Daniel (WDBC)

2021/22-130 Borough Councillor Statement

Cllr Daniel’s February report was read with interest.

2021/22-131 Chairman’s Announcements

A Planning Application has been received from Dartmoor National Park for Taikoo. The response is needed before 15th March. Action: Clerk to call a Planning Meeting before then.
The Chairman reported that he and Cllr Cooper will be cutting the vegetation back from the bus shelter on Saturday 26th February 2022.

2021/22-132 Finance

A. Change of Bank Accounts (Resolution 2021/22-45B)

Cllr Pike reported Lloyds Bank are still not opening accounts for existing Parish Councils.

B. Stationery reimbursement for Clerk

Proposal to remit £15.10 to the clerk for stationery
Proposer: Cllr Weaver, Seconder: Cllr Pike, all agreed. The cheque was signed.
Action: Clerk

C. Website Hosting Invoice

Proposal to pay the Website Hosting Invoice as agreed in Minute 2021/22-33 (July 27th 2021) of £60, taking into account the excess over budget to be taken from the general reserve.
Proposer: Cllr Norman, Seconder: Cllr Norrish, all agreed. The cheque was signed.
Action: Clerk

D. Promised Car Park Donation from the Old School Tearoom

The Old School Tearoom has promised £50 towards the work on the Car Park. It was agreed that invoices for the donations will go out in the next financial year.

E. Recent Transactions

There was an error in financial report given to the last meeting, the Clerk had added the gross wages and tax instead of the net wages and tax. The total was £656.19 and the bank balance is now £2,022.43.
A cheque of £25 has been sent to the Citizens Advice and receipt acknowledged, but not come through on statement yet.

F. March Transactions

Proposal to authorise the payment of the Village Hall Rent Invoice, expected to be £45, taking into account the excess over budget to be taken from the general reserve.
Proposer: Cllr Cooper, Seconder: Cllr Boyce, all agreed.
Proposal to authorise the quarterly payment of the Clerk’s salary and tax in March. – Agreed.
Action: Clerk to make payments

2021/22-133 Clerk’s Report

The Clerk had sent some information round which was shared.

2021/22-134 Car Park Actions

A. Removal of Tree Guards (Resolution 2021/22-34E)

Cllr Ash reported this had not been done, it is waiting for better weather. The siting of the noticeboard was discussed.
Action: Cllr Ash, Cllr Cooper, Cllr Boyce, Cllr Pike

2021/22-135 Planning Rew Meadow (Resolution 2021/22-67)

Peter Grubb had advised that the garage might contravene Schedule 2, Part 1, Class E 3, but thought that it would still be granted. The Council felt disappointed that Dartmoor National Park had not taken action, but with reluctance decided to take no further action.

2021/22-136 Queen’s Jubilee (Resolution 2021/22-56)

A. Parish Meeting Results

The minutes of the Parish Jubilee Meeting have been circulated to the councillors.
The Jubilee Committee are meeting on 3rd March, the Council do not need to take any further action.

B. Tree Planting and Plaque

Belstone Commoners’ Association have decided that the tree should be planted by Well Park Patch, the plaque will sit beside the tree. It will probably not be planted before the Jubilee weekend.
Cllr Pike has applied for a grant for £750 (£650 for the engraving and £100 towards the plaque).
Action: Clerk to investigate grant for tree. Suggestions were made as to the type of tree, Hawthorn seemed to be the preferred option.
Action: Clerk to order the tree plaque.

C. Memorial Engraving – Clerk

Action: Cllr Cooper will book Williams and Triggs to do the engraving before June 2nd.

2021/22-137 Village Light (Resolution 2021/22-73)

It is thought that the light is still on all night, but this needs clarification.

2021/22-138 Dog Poo Signs (Resolution 2021/22-57)

Sophia Clyst had provided a graphic for a new sign.
Proposal to use Sophia’s sign with the words ‘Take it home’ added at the bottom. – Agreed.
Action: Cllr Weaver to speak to Sophia and get a new draft before the Belstone Commoners’ meeting on 3rd March 2022 for their approval.

2021/22-139 Mobile Booster Scheme (Resolution 2021/22-51B)

Cllr Weaver reported that various schemes are available but they all have initial or monthly costs, depending on the provider. Lynn Daniel’s report mentioned Broadband Champions, it was agreed to investigate this.
Action: Cllr Weaver to contact Lynn Daniel and report back to the next meeting.

2021/22-140 Community Risk Management Plan (Res. 2021/22-84)

The Clerk had contacted the Fire Service with the questions raised in the earlier meeting, and circulated their response. The Council were happy with the response.

2021/22-141 Council Diary

The Clerk had prepared and circulated suggested meeting dates for the next year. It was agreed to move the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council meeting to May 10th instead of May 24th as the later date would clash with the Beating of the Bounds week.
The rest of the dates were noted and agreed.

2021/22-142 Review of new Standing Orders

Proposal to accept the new Standing Orders as edited by the Clerk.
Proposer: Cllr Pike, Seconder: Cllr Norman, all agreed.

2021/22-143 Review of new Financial Regulations

Proposal to accept the new Financial Regulations following changes agreed in the meeting.
Proposer: Cllr Cooper, Seconder: Cllr Boyce, all agreed.

2021/22-144 Review of Employment Policies

Proposal to accept the ten Employment Policies including minor changes to Expenses and Lone Working polices, to be reviewed in 2025. –
Proposer: Cllr Weaver, Seconder: Cllr Pike, all agreed.

2021/22-145 Dartmoor National Park Local List Consultation

Proposal for the clerk to respond to the consultation that Belstone Parish Council have no objections to the local list. – Agreed.
Action: Clerk

2021/22-146 NHS Digital Inequalities Survey

Proposal to put a post on the Belstone website to encourage people to fill in the NHS Digital Inequalities Survey. – Agreed.
Action: Clerk

2021/22-147 Government consultation Glover Landscapes Review

It was agreed to respond to the consultation emphasising the need for environmental protection, and asking the Government to restrict motor vehicles on unsealed routes, with exemptions for farmers and residents. The Council believed that the Dartmoor National Park Authority byelaws covered these anyway.
Action: Clerk to fill in form.

2021/22-148 Dartmoor National Park Member Nomination

There were no members wishing to stand for the Dartmoor National Park Authority on behalf of Belstone Parish Council.

The next meeting will be on Tuesday April 12th 2022 in the Meeting Room of Belstone Village Hall at 7.30 pm.